Interlink Electronics' FSR™ 400 series is part of the single zone Force Sensing Resistor™ family. Force sensing resistors, or FSRs, are robust polymer thick film (PTF) devices that exhibit a decrease in resistance with increase in force applied to the surface of the sensor. This force sensitivity is optimized for use in human touch control of electronic devices such as automotive electronics, medical systems, and in industrial and robotics applications.
The standard 400 sensor is a round sensor 7.62mm in diameter. Custom sensors can be manufactured in sizes ranging from 5mm to over 600mm. Female connector and short tail versions can also be ordered.
- Actuation force as low as 0.1N and sensitivity range to 10N.
- Easily customizable to a wide range of sizes
- Highly repeatable force reading; as low as 2% of initial reading with repeatable actuation system
- Cost effective
- Ultra thin; 0.35mm
- Robust; up to 10 million actuations
- Simple and easy to integrate
- Detect & qualify press - Sense whether a touch is accidental or intended by reading force
- Use force for UI feedback - Detect more or less user force to make a more intuitive interface
- Enhance tool safety - Differentiate a grip from a touch as a safety lock
- Find centroid of force - Use multiple sensors to determine centroid of force
- Detect presence, position, or motion - Of a person or patient in a bed, chair, or medical device
- Detect liquid blockage - Detect tube or pump occlusion or blockage by measuring back pressure
- Detect proper tube positioning
- Many other force measurement applications