mangOH Red – Starter Kit LTE-M Orange
Discover the capabilities offered by the new Orange LTE-M network optimized for connected objects. To get started as quickly as possible, our starter kit includes the mangOH Red open-source platform and a Sierra Wireless LTE-M module, as well as an example of integration into our Live Objects data management platform.
Designed specifically for LTE-M low power IoT applications, mangOH™ Red reference design for Orange provides a sensor-to-cloud platform for rapidly prototyping ideas and getting them to production quickly. This new category of open hardware makes it easy to develop industrial-grade products with vetted components, open source software, and a business-friendly open license enabling users to modify and reproduce the design.
Partnering with the open source Legato® platform on the WP Series of embedded modules from Sierra Wireless, mangOH delivers 90% of an IoT prototype out-of-the-box so users can begin creating their software and web applications immediately.
In addition to reference designs, the mangOH project released IoT Expansion Card specs to provide plug-and-play wireless, wired, and sensor technologies that can be used in final product designs. Integrated seamlessly with Legato, mangOH reference designs provide data management service that builds local intelligence on the "edge" as well as pushes data to the big data servers.
- Sample application provided to ease integration into our Live Objects data management platform.
- Credit card size form-factor ideal for rapidly building proof-of-concepts able to achieve up to 10 years of battery life
- A snap-in socket to add any CF3©-compatible modules, includes LTE-M WP7702 module from Sierra Wireless
- An IoT Expansion Card slot to plug in any technology based on the IoT Expansion Card open standard
- Built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 BLE with a Cortex M4 to provide real-time access to I/O
- Built-in Accelerometer/Gyroscope, Pressure and Light sensors along with a 26-pin Raspberry Pi compatible connector
Hardware Specs with WP7702
CF3™ Socket for the WP7700 but compatible with 3G and 4G Sierra Wireless modules
IoT Expansion Card connector
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
Built-in accelerometer, gyroscope, and temperature, light, and pressure sensors
Cortex®-M4 with RTOS
USB connectivity to console
26-pin Raspberry Pi-compatible connector
3D printable case designs
WP7702 LTE-M Module Features
- Cortex®-A7 1.3 GHz application processor (4 Gbit NAND Flash; 2 Gbit DDR)
- GNSS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou
- Global LTE-M/NB-IoT network coverage with 2G Fallback
- Interfaces include USB, UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO, ADC, and more
- Integrated Legato® open source embedded platform
- Secure application framework
- Maintained Linux distribution
- Feature-rich development environment
MANGOHRED_WP7702_ORANGE Kit Contents
- mangOH Red board
- WP7702 Module LTE-M/NB-IoT with CF3 socket cover and removal tool
- IoT Breakout Board
- LTE Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- 2 USB Cables