Sensata Solutions for Commercial Beverage
The trends in beverage systems are leading to an increase need for better and more efficient sensors and electronics
Consumers’ tastes in beverages have grown more eclectic over the years. Restaurants and cafes are expected to have the variety necessary to satisfy a plethora of different beverage desires. Furthermore, the prevalence of self-service beverage systems has increased as well. Through automation they need to provide complex drinks to the customer in a consistent fashion. Versatility and automation are not the only factors, size is also critical. Bar and kitchen space is at a premium and operators expect their beverage machine to accomplish more in the same or smaller footprint. Lastly, durability is a major concern as well. Beverage systems need to withstand the wear and tear of constant commercial usage, as going down during the workday causes disgruntled customers and a loss of business.
- Switches & Relays
- Pressure Sensors & Switches
- Position Sensors & Encoders
Switches & Relays
Switches and relays are used to turn various parts of the beverage system on and off. Relays are in small packages that suit small space constraints of the beverages systems while providing precise load control.EL Series
The EL series is a solid state relay that offers solid state switching benefits in a compact package suitable for the space constraints of beverage systems. With no moving parts it has the durability to last in demanding commercial applications.
- 21 mm wide package
- 10 A & 3 0A @ 24 to 280 VAC
- UL & cUL Recognized, CE & RoHS
The PMP series is a solid state control relay that allows for tighter control of heating systems present in beverage systems. It gives the user the choice between burst fire or phase angle operation modes, which allows for more consistent temperature control of heating elements within the system.
- Phase Angle or Burst Fire operation modes
- Output ratings of 25, 50 and 90 Amps
- Operating voltage ranges of 90-280; 345-530; 420-660 VAC
Pressure Sensors & Switches
Pressure Sensors & Switches are critical to the monitoring of beverage systems. Sensata’s pressure sensors are used to monitor liquid pressure or regulate mixing of ingredients.116CP Series
The 116CP is a pressure sensor that is offered in a compact, plastic package. It can be used to monitor the pump outlet pressure or heated water supply pressure of a beverage system. It also has drinking water safe options.
- Drinking water certified options available
- Operating pressure range of 0-60 to 0-230 PSI (0-4 to 0-16 (Bar)
- Supply voltage of 5 VDC ratiometric or 8-30 VDC voltage regulated
The P500 series is a pressure sensor that can provide one of two solutions for beverage systems. It can monitor inlet and outlet pressure for syrup or CO2 mixing.
- Operating pressure range from 0 - 15 up to 0 - 1000 PSI (0-1 to 0-50 Bar)
- Output voltage of 0.5 to 4.5 VDC
- Minimum life expectancy of 10 million cycles
Temperature sensors & switches are vital to monitoring temperature sensitive beverage systems. Our temperature switches allow for precise control in wash-down environments.1NT Series
Sensata's single throw, snap-action, fixed temperature thermostat is suitable for a variety of industrial and commercial applications. The 1NT is recognized by agencies around the world and depending on its configuration and application, is widely used as a regulating thermal switch, overtemperature control, or pilot duty control switch.
- -40°C to 240°C Temperature Rating
- Automatic Reset, Manual Reset, Trip Free Manual Reset, and One Shot
- ISO9001: 2000 certification
Sensata's automatic reset thermostat is designed to meet any application requirements. Its patented and tamper-proof snap action bimetal disc provides reliable and repeatable switch actuation. The 3NT is suitable for electrical loads ranging from dry circuits to 10 A at 240 VAC.
- Fast thermal response
- Innovative dry seal design: protects from moisture and dust
- High temperature: up to +275°F (+135°C)
Position Sensors & Encoders
Position sensors are important in automated beverage equipment that require metering ingredients before dispensing the drink. Our Hall Effect sensors can be a low-cost position sensor option that are accurate and cost effective.ACW4 Series
The ACW4 Hall Effect sensors are used for aspects of the equipment that rely on position. This could be an auger system for dispensing beans in a self-contained espresso machine.
- 0.3% Linearity
- Overvoltage, reverse polarity, short-circuit protection available
- Completely encapsulated electronics