MeArm Robotic Arm Kits
Kitronik’s MeArm robotic arm kits are an easy-to-build introduction to engineering
The MeArm robotic arm kit from Kitronik is a benchtop robotic arm designed to get children and adults learning about technology and engineering. The kit can be easily built and is available for multiple controller platforms including micro:bit, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Maker.
At its heart is the Arduino-compatible ESP 8266 Wi-Fi board. This is a low-power board designed specifically for IoT applications that has on-board Arduino IDE and Wi-Fi. This means that users can create code in any Arduino-compatible editor, drop it onto the board and get going straight away with no additional boards required.
At its heart is the Raspberry Pi (not included), a small and affordable computer that can be used for learning to code, that can be used as a desktop computer. It can be controlled directly through the on-board joysticks or users can learn to code by making it move using a variety of languages. A major benefit of being integrated with the Raspberry Pi is the availability of coding editors to suit every coding ability level and preference.
The classic version of the MeArm is a blank canvas that can be controlled using whatever control board users desire, without having to remove a pre-installed board first. It also gives users the freedom to use any arm control that will connect to their board, be that joystick, keypad, levers, or sliding potentiometer.
- Easy-to-build kit suitable for children ages 11 and above
- Hex key included, the only tool required for the build
- Available in multiple platforms including micro:bit, Maker, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi
- Available in orange or blue
- 1 x pack of orange plastic parts for the structure of the arm
- 1 x socket head screws for easy assembling
- 1 x hex key, so users do not need their own tools
- 4 x metal gear servos
- 1 x battery box