Revision: 07-Mar-2019 4Document Number: 20065
For technical questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS DOCUMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND THIS DOCUMENT
ARE SUBJECT TO SPECIFIC DISCLAIMERS, SET FORTH AT www.vishay.com/doc?91000
Production is strictly controlled and follows an extensive set
of instructions established for reproducibility. A cermet film
layer and a glass-over are deposited on a high grade (AI2O3)
ceramic substrate with its prepared inner contacts on both
sides. A special laser is used to achieve the target value and
the desired power dissipation performance by smoothly fine
trimming the resistive layer without damaging the ceramics.
The resistor elements are covered by a protective coating
designed for electrical, mechanical and climatic protection.
The terminations receive a final pure tin on nickel plating.
The result of the determined production is verified by an
extensive testing procedure on 100 % of the individual chip
resistors. Only accepted products are laid directly into the
tape in accordance with IEC 60286-3 Type 1a (1).
The resistors are suitable for processing on automatic SMD
assembly systems. They are suitable for automatic
soldering using wave, reflow or vapor phase as shown in
IEC 61760-1. The encapsulation is resistant to all cleaning
solvents commonly used in the electronics industry,
including alcohols, esters and aqueous solutions. The
suitability of conformal coatings potting compounds and
their processes, if applied, shall be qualified by appropriate
means to ensure the long-term stability of the whole system.
The resistors are RoHS-compliant, the pure tin plating
provides compatibility with lead (Pb)-free and
lead-containing soldering processes. Solderability is
specified for 2 years after production or requalification. The
permitted storage time is 20 years. The immunity of the
plating against tin whisker growth has been proven under
Vishay acknowledges the following systems for the
regulation of hazardous substances:
• IEC 62474, Material Declaration for Products of and for the
Electrotechnical Industry, with the list of declarable
substances given therein (2)
• The Global Automotive Declarable Substance List
• The REACH regulation (1907/2006/EC) and the related list
of substances with very high concern (SVHC) (4) for its
The products do not contain any of the banned
substances as per IEC 62474, GADSL, or the SVHC list,
Hence the products fully comply with the following
• 2000/53/EC End-of-Life Vehicle Directive (ELV) and
Annex II (ELV II)
• 2011/65/EU Restriction of the Use of Hazardous
Substances Directive (RoHS) with amendment
• 2012/19/EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Vishay pursues the elimination of conflict minerals from its
supply chain, see the Conflict Minerals Policy at
The resistors are qualified according to AEC-Q200.
Where applicable, the resistors are tested in accordance
with EN 140401-802 which refers to EN 60115-1,
EN 60115-8 and the variety of environmental test
procedures of the IEC 60068 (1) series.
For more information about products with superior surge
and pulse performance please refer to D/CRCW-IF e3,
Pulse Proof Thick Film Chip Resistors datasheet
The CRCW-HP e3 product series is designed for those
applications where both enhanced power rating and
superior pulse loading performance is required.
For ordering CRCW-HP e3 please refer to latest edition of
For thick film resistors with standard requirements for power
rating, please refer to D/CRCW e3, Standard Thick Film Chip
Resistors datasheet (www.vishay.com/doc?20035)
(1) The quoted IEC standards are also released as EN standards with the same number and identical contents
(2) The IEC 62474 list of declarable substances is maintained in a dedicated database, which is available at http://std.iec.ch/iec62474.
(3) The Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GADSL) is maintained by the American Chemistry Council and available at www.gadsl.org
(4) The SVHC list is maintained by the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) and available at http://echa.europa.eu/candidate-list-table