Spec. No. JENF243A-0007U-01 P.7/8
MURATA MFG.CO., LTD.
10-3. Reworking with soldering iron
• Pre-heating: 150°C, 1 min • Soldering iron output: 80W max.
• Tip temperature: 350°C max. • Tip diameter:φ3mm max.
• Soldering time : 3(+1, -0) seconds. • Times : 2times max.
Note :Do not directly touch the products with the tip of the soldering iron in order to prevent the crack
on the ferrite material due to the thermal shock.
10-4. Solder Volume
Solder shall be used not to be exceed as shown below.
(T: Chip thickness)
Accordingly increasing the solder volume, the mechanical stress to product is also increased.
Exceeding solder volume may cause the failure of mechanical or electrical performance.
10-5. Attention regarding P.C.B. bending
The following shall be considered when designing and laying out P.C.B.'s.
(1) P.C.B. shall be designed so that products are not subject to the mechanical stress for board warpage.
Products shall be located in the sideways
direction (Length:a<b) to the mechanical
(2) Products location on P.C.B. separation.
Products (A,B,C,D) shall be located carefully
so that products are not subject to the
mechanical stress due to warping the board.
Because they may be subjected the mechanical
stress in order of A>C>B ≅ D.
10-6. Mounting density
Add special attention to radiating heat of products when mounting the inductor near the products with heating.
The excessive heat by other products may cause deterioration at joint of this product with substrate.
10-7. Operating Environment
Do not use this product under the following environmental conditions, on deterioration of the Insulation
Resistance of the Ferrite material and/or corrosion of Inner Electrode may result from the use.
(1) in the corrodible atmosphere (acidic gases, alkaline gases, chlorine, sulfur gases, organic gases and etc.)
(2) in the atmosphere where liquid such as organic solvent, may splash on the products.
(3) in the atmosphere where the temperature / humidity changes rapidly and it is easy to dew.
10-8. Resin coating
The impedance value may change and/or it may affect on the product's performance due to high cure-stress of
resin to be used for coating / molding products. So please pay your careful attention when you select resin. In prior
to use, please make the reliability evaluation with the product mounted in your application set.